Monday, August 08, 2005

Why me?

So why have I started my own blog? I’m not one to leap onto bandwagons, so there must be a good reason, right? Well, not really, unless you count “impressing the masses with incisive wit and insight” as a good reason. That is technically a good reason but includes a few shaky assumptions, namely my wit and insight. Other more realistic reasons include the fact that everyone around me stopped listening to me years ago so maybe there are suckers in the blog universe who will, two weeks ago I had a dream about creating a blog of my very own, and lastly, I want to impress the world with my mastery of punctuation. Two of those reasons are true, I leave it to you decide which. If you’re still listening, that is.

Seriously though, I have always read others’ blogs with interest, as long as they were interesting, and I always thought it would be cool to be a concert reviewer, offering my take on music to the general public. I think I could do that, and I think expanding my subject from music to Everything Else would be challenging, and hopefully interesting and thought provoking to you, reader. Many of you are aware of what excites me: urban design, architecture, travel, music, (amateur) photography. Shapes and sounds. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now realize why I stopped listening to you years ago. You are no more interesting and/or insightful on a blog.

Keep up the work, Jo(h)nny-boy.

The Lum

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Joe, as I have told you before, I hope your son somehow escapes your influence and actually grows up to be a nice person.

Jon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home