Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Day 1 and Michael's birthday

Day 1 of my new blog, and I am paralyzed by the pressure. It is now time to be interesting! Actually, while I do have a lot to say I don't know when I'll have time to say it. This blog thing is not really a well thought out decision on my part, because the last thing I need is another way to spend my already scarce free time. But don't worry, don't lose any sleep, finding time to write and figuring out how is part of the challenge.

I did want to mention the fact that Michael, our Boston Common quasi-homeless personality, has his 50th birthday tomorrow. Those of you who live on Beacon Hill no doubt either know Michael well, or attempt to avoid him out of the guilt he inspires by asking for change every single time you pass his spot next to Park Street. Damn, is he a nice guy though. More on this later, but I think the fact that he probably makes more money than many Bostonians who "work" all day, and the reactions he inspires are worth thinking about.

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jonnie, is michael the really little guy with the beard? he is hard to say no to. kind of like a bi-ped version of those pug puppies. guess how many pugs heather wants? if you said two arm fulls, you are right.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Who's Jonnie? Yeah, the really little guy. He asked me for watermelon for his birthday.

I had an ant farm, them fellas don't farm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home