Monday, October 10, 2005

Neptune Oyster

After several hours in Starbucks Sunday editing a powerpoint and boning up on New Urbanism for my first Fellowship trip in November, Heather and I grabbed dinner at Neptune Oyster on Salem Street in the North End. The place is tiny (20+ seats and extended bar seating) and bustling with activity, with cool decor that's somehow 1920s, modern, and oceanic at the same time.

We split oysters, all were excellent and it was unique and fun to be faced with a menu featuring oysters from over 10 different locations. I had flounder with capers and grapes, it was mouthwatering, Heather had the lobster roll which reached dessert-worthy heights of butteryness and was overstuffed with huge chunks of tender lobster. We hit Neptunes on a Sunday night, I think it would be the perfect spot to grab oysters and a drink before a big Saturday night out, but be prepared to wait.

Here's a picture I took of Hanover Street on the way to dinner, testing my new camera's night vision. I love the narrow streets, and in this picture the bend in the street allows the church to termintate the view, producing a sense of enclosure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home