Thursday, May 04, 2006

Arctic Monkeys review - no rating...

Does England's Arctic Monkeys debut album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" live up to all the buzz? Yes, and then no. The first half of the album is the best stuff I've heard in a long time, a cranked up Libertines but way better - cheeky, clever, and utterly rocking. Great stuff. Then the band abruptly shifts into more standard Libertines style balladry, which would have been ok I guess but I wanted the party to continue. Not a coincidence the songs were listed separately on the album cover. Maybe someday I'll give part II a fresh unprejudiced listen, but for now only part I made the iPod playlist.

4 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Arctic Monkeys are unlistenable.

The Arctic Lum

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jon said...

You are unbearable.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Arctic Monkeys are the male version of the Dixie Chicks...like the Arctic Lum said...unlistenable.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Jon said...

You are all insane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home