Monday, April 10, 2006

Weekend

I finally had a weekend at home with no major plans, the only thing missing was Heather who spent the weekend in Florida with her friend Andrea and returned with a sunburn.

Friday I went to Boston Beer Works to meet up with Joe Eddy & friends, and for someone who hasn't been out much lately it was great. I love Beer Works' burgers, I love Beer Works' beer.

Saturday I performed a miracle by successfully editing the registry in my mom's computer to adjust the limits and restore the cd-rom drivers. I don't even know what that means, but the drive reads cds again and I was happy.

I finished "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey on Saturday, and although it was unlike anything I have ever read and I couldn't put it down, I have to say that much like other fashionable books (Life of Pi, Kiterunner, etc.) I thought it was a bit overrated. I was drawn in by the realistic and caustic view of the depths of alcoholism and addiction, Frey's writing style conveys the desperate feelings of hope/hopelessness, and ficton or non-fiction, Frey's portrayal of himself was ruthless and not for the weak. What turned me off was his complete change in personality over the course of the book. I won't ruin the plot for anyone, but I wasn't completely buying it. Still, a fantastic book.

Now back to the real world, where my boss's last email to the dept. included "we are officially in crunch mode" and used the word "overtime" six times. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home