Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rhett Miller


Man, Rhett Miller sure loves basking in the glow of his adoring fans. I saw Rhett play solo at the Paradise for the second time in two years last night, and it was more of the same. More catchy, clever roots-rock/country/pop songwriting, more over the top acoustic guitar showmanship, more charismatic between song commentary, and more of that damn pretty face and not quite self-deprecating ego. But you gotta love it. He played his heart out for 90 minutes and two encores, playing Old 97s hits, songs from his solo album, and previews of songs from his new solo album to come out in February.

The Old 97s are one of my favorite bands, and Satellite Rides is without doubt in my top 5 albums list. If I were to make such a list, I mean. Rhett proves he's the real deal live, and I can't wait for the next time he's in town with the band!

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possibly my favority live performance ever. This man is a true one-man show. Thanks Jon!
-Heather

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. when you notice an absurd typo like "favority" is there a way to fix that?
-Heather

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I always fix typos by calling attention to them with extra comments. Mitch would say "a typo high-lighter".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home