Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving recap

Thanksgiving highlights:

We had snow Thursday morning, I was shocked as was Ripley. Maybe I should check the weather forecast once in a while. Nah.

Dinner at my Aunt & Uncle's lived up to the always lofty expectations. It was great to see everyone, have Katie Bennett and her parents there, and meet Eric G.'s girlfriend Christina. Here's Eric and Christina after dinner; they were still up for dancing which means they didn't eat nearly enough turkey.


We saw The Ice Harvest Thursday night. It was great - surprisingly unpredictable and gritty, reminding me a little bit of George Clooney's Out of Sight which is one of my favorites.

Friday my Mom had the family over for more turkey and Heather drove up to join us. We ate, then napped in front of the tv watching the Texas/A&M game. Is something wrong with this picture?


Then Friday night was dinner with my Dad and Grandmother at a very cozy restaurant in downtown Hudson, which I had no idea was so nice! I hadn't seen my Grandmother in at least a year, so it was good to catch up.

Spent Saturday and Sunday morning in CT with Heather and her family. Heather's awesome friends Kittson and David were in town so we had lunch with them then went to a cider mill and wandered around Westerly, RI. Here are a few pictures of Westerly, which I really liked. Their residential area features some great old houses in a tightly knit neighborhood, but the 'hood seems a bit disconnected from the equally fantastic retail/office downtown and green. Heather and I will be arranging a tour of Westerly and Stonington this spring for CNU NE, so I will educate myself some more.

Town Hall, taken from the town green:


Backs of main street buildings facing the river:


The town green:


Saturday night Julie (Heather's sister) and Juan had a party at their place featuring a football game that ended as soon as Heather's mom's team scored. Hmmm. Diego was the life of the party, of course.

I watched the ND-Stanford game with Heather and her mom, and almost had a heart attack as ND needed a last minute drive to pull ahead 38-31. I'm sure I was more relaxed than my brother, who bought his plane ticket to the Fiesta Bowl more than a week ago...

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Henry Robinson said...

Not entirely it manufactures medicine for sexual problems but of each class like antipyretics, analgesics, gasoline problems, painkillers, and so forth Sildenafil 25 mg being one in every of their product saw a new increase in sales no matter the COVID lockdown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home