Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My former self

Lombard sent me a lovely picture this morning:


The gravestone reads:

JF
In memory of
JONATHAN FORD
who departed this
life July 12, 1817
Aged 83 Years
8 Months
& 3 Days

There's also some kind of Revolutionary War plaque on it. Lombard, I don't know how you found this...I know you've always wished for a grave with my name on it. Pretty damn cool (and weird). My former self lived from 1734-1817 and participated in the Revolutionary War. Probably as a cook.

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger eileen said...

Cook? I don't think so. I picture you more as a marching drum or flute player.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I was not a flute player in the revolutionary war. And for your information, I think they called them fifes back then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home