Monday, October 17, 2005

Heartbreak, and moving on

As the college football world held its breath Saturday, I alternated between pure ecstasy, when ND stopped the ballerina at the goal line, and complete heartbreak, when USC was given seven seconds on the clock and Reggie Bush pushed the ballerina into the end zone. I wanted to throw up.

Thankfully I was among friends and sympathetic waitstaff at Game On, no thanks to the BC fans in the bar who as always take great pleasure in rooting against ND and annoying us at every opportunity. No big surprise there. But I digress.

Game On is a fantastic place to watch a game, they have more than 50 tvs of all sizes and a multimedia dj who played music during the commercials and switched the tvs to other games, then turned the ND game picture and sound back on when the commercials were over. Never seen that before.

The Irish played their hearts out Saturday, and they made me proud. We win out and we'll be 9-2 - BCS bound. GO IRISH!!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Not all BC fans relish in ND defeat. At least not this one, who watched the end of that game and was sad to see USC win.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jon said...

I know, I know. I was thinking about you guys when I wrote that...you actually read the nicer, edited version. Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home