Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Lombard

Congratulations to Lombard and his Steelers, SuperBowl champions. Brings me back to the days in Chicago where we'd split Sundays between the Pats, Steelers, and Browns, always humoring Joe with Steelers time. I remember one day he actually swore them off in a fit of rage, only to be back in front of the tv seven days later, McDonalds fish sandwich in hand. A true fan.

Congratulations to me as well, for winning the first quarter in my office squares pool. Quite a year for casual gambling - a squares quarter ($40), the year-long office NFL pool ($180), and most importantly and least luck-based, my fantasy football championship (pride). Time to take it to Vegas!

As for commercials, they ranged from mediocre to poor except for the pregame Patriots linemen ad with Brady in the back acting like a rock star. I loved it - the linemen getting the spotlight and spoofing Brady. I thought it was a sign of good commercials to come, but it was actually the peak.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truly the man.

The Super Lum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home