Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Food

I actually cooked a meal, yes, a real meal with more than 5 ingredients, last night. Heather was in Philadelphia for the day and off to Charlotte today so I figured a relaxing meal at home would be a good Valentine's Day gift. I cooked one of the "easy" healthy recipes in my latest Men's Health magazine. Easy, my ass! It turned out great, and would probably have been easy for people with some cooking experience, but Tuscan chicken pasta with ingredients like peppers and garlic that had to be diced and mashed, pasta and chicken to be cooked, separately, beans, rosemary, and spinach to be measured... I mean, come on, this is not something a normal person whips up in 15 minutes on a workday after a workout. But it was pretty good, and very healthy.

And by the way, if I ate what Men's Health has recommended you include as part of your daily diet over the course of my subscription, I would definitely explode. Plenty of lean meat and chicken, fruit and nuts, protein shakes, 1 glass of wine, 1 cup of tea, 2 glasses of milk, 7 glasses of water, flaxseed, fiber, soy... Maybe I'll try it someday and see how healthy I feel.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger eileen said...

Wow, you've come along way since the days of pasta with cold sauce from a jar.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you emphasize "pasta and chicken to be cooked, separately" like it was a surprise you needed to do that... I'm still impressed anyways.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's making me dinner again now. I wonder how long I can keep this going. Feel free to post suggestions here; he'll never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home